Alex is 6.
*sigh*
Sometimes I get nostalgic for my baby when he was actually a baby.
Clearly, my "baby" is not a baby any more. Didn't I say that like 3 years ago? Well, I guess it just keeps getting truer each year.
No party this year, just a small family affair (Yes, it was a month ago and I'm really late). We asked Alex where he wanted to eat for his birthday, and he said, "You just pick Mom." He's sooooooo easy to please. He really is such a happy kid.
Here's a little Q and A with Alex - these answers are current.....and by current, I mean right this second, because I know that he'll give me different answers in 5 minutes. I'm not even exaggerating.
- Who's your favorite super hero? - Iron Man
- What's your favorite color? - Orange
- What's your favorite food? - Taco Bell (That's what he's currently eating for dinner)
- What food do you hate? - French fries with poop (You and me both buddy...and he totally said this with a straight face, completely serious)
- What's your favorite toy? - Bionicles (I've never actually seen him play with Bionicles until right now)
- What do you want to be when you Grow Up? - A person who sales food, like Mr. Crab from "SpongeBob" (I'm not making this up).
- Where do you want to live when you grow up? - At grandma's house when she dies (oh dear, he really just said that).
- What is something that you are really good at? - Playing soccer ball
- What is something that you would like to learn how to do? - Play soccer ball (ummmm.....???)
- What is something that makes you really happy? - Getting toys for my birthday.
- What is something that makes you sad? - Everyone punching me in the stomach, like JT and Madelyn and Mom and Dad (I guess Cora is the only one of us who's never punched him in the stomach? Way to go Cora)
- What's your favorite thing to do with the family? - Say prayers. That's the best thing.
Okay, looking back on these answers, I realize that you now know NOTHING about Alex except that he is weird;)
I'll just tell you a couple of extra things about him. Aside from the fact that he's always happy, he is a fabulous writer and artist. He is meticulous and detail oriented, and has the best fine motor skills for his age that any of his teachers have ever seen...so say his past 3 teachers. He loves to let the dog lick him all over the face and mouth, and he also let's me kiss him as much as I want, although I try not to do it right after the dog has attacked him......so gross. He loves olives (When we get sandwiches at Subway, he just gets meat, mayo, and lots of olives). But he's not a picky eater. If I order the sandwich myself with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and whatever else, he'll totally eat it. He loves to climb, and he is fearless. He loves to swim, and he is fearless. He dances all the time - he just can't help himself if he hears music. Everyone is his best friend. Out of all the kids, he's the biggest Daddy's boy. He likes to copy whatever Joe is doing. Everything is a game....even when he's in trouble. And that's Alex.

No comments:
Post a Comment